Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring

Spring time at Downport...

Chollie was spinning his tunes that night, if I remember well. Only a few patrons had arrived at Firefly's bar, the night being young and all.

While Immy was on stage showing her charms to the beat of Chollie's rockin' music, a few clients unknown to us "regulars" were dropping by, as it's the case on many occasions at Firefly's.

I don't remember the name, but I remember the body. A foxy ladie, cute as a button, and curved like a 67' mustang. She came in, walked around the bar, and came back to the door. Didn't say a word. She looked at Mr. Barnes and then said in a loud voice for such a small avie:

"So ok, let's split from this place."

Mr. Barnes straightened up peering calmly at Foxy. He let go of the rag he was using on the counter top of the bar, and said: "We?"

She stood there, her paws settling firmly on her waist and reiterated her demand: "Yes, you and me. Let's get out of here."

Mr. Barnes: " Well, Ma'am, I'm working now. I can't just leave like the bar."

Silence hit the room.

Mr. Barnes looked at Foxy and pointed slowly to his tag.

Foxy's eyes followed Mr. Barnes's finger.

"Besides, Ma'am, I already have two women, Lauralai and Lorie. I ain't got much time to court someone else even as nice as you."

On that note, she turned her heels and left the Firefly's bar.

At which point, Chollie shaking his head muttered: " Gotta tell you Nack, you must be attractive like hell. Must be a record. In 2 minutes flat, she was ready to take you on and bring you to the altar."

Mr. Barnes looked up, grinned and returned to his rag to his spotless counter top.

No comments:

Post a Comment